Aug 31, 2010

COMICALLY INEPT.

I've been overwhelmed by the numbers of cartoon bloggers who would like a review on this site. Fighting his way to the top of the list this week (should it be a weekly thing? Maybe it should?) is Joe from Comically Inept. I do feel duty bound to warn people that this site could be considered as NSFW, and it has some rude words scattered around it.

Joe is a willing victim. The following reviews may not be, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

© COMICALLY INEPT

Comically Inept is an interesting form of cartoon blog as it's very personal to the author, and his struggle with alcohol misuse and avoidance, but that is not to say that it's not amusing. In places it's highly amusing, as a mirror of real life. Self deprecating, witty and regularly updated. Drawing style is naive, but I think that's something that suits the subject matter the most. Listen to me? Like I'm an expert on art. This isn't art. It's real life humour, in all it's gritty reality. Enough of my waffling. Thank you Joe for being the first willing victim to a plug/review on clangnuts. Visit his blog here (if you haven't already clicked on one of the previous links). Better still, visit it, then subscribe to the RSS link.

For some reason the title of this blog looks a lot better in CAPITALS, than lower case. I don't know why this is.



If you have been affected by the issues mentioned in this blog post, and you would like your cartoon or humour blog featured, please contact me before next Tuesday. clangnuts@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I love Comically Inept, especially the humor and the regular basis that he posts.

    I think this was a fair review, except I prefer to think of his illustration style as more minimalist or simplistic, than naive. Kind of along the lines of 'less is more', and it let's me (as a reader) fit it to my own life a little easier. Just my two cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not intend to sound negative about the drawing style. I think it suits the overall style of the blog and it's subject matter.

    Thanks for your input Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't take "naive" to mean "immature," but "unaffected." Given my modest talents, I considered the description generous.

    Thank you for the review. I greatly appreciate it. And, I vote for doing these every week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments have to be moderated due to spammers, sorry. I'll publish your comment (good or bad) asap.


View My Stats